-Well, a pretty brutal game from Everton(one yellow card, two red cards) but a better one from Liverpool, I guess- although to see the article, you would've thought that Everton won. The author is obviously a fan. Here's hoping this is a break to all those ties...
-Anyway, I was thinking(on my route, of course- that's also the time when I ponder the mysteries of the universe, though I have not come up with any theories.) and I decided not just to include my opinions in this post, but also try to work in some of my life. We'll see how this works. I guess a lot of my free time is spent either playing outside or following the Reds, but this week the Deacon's quorum is making that spook house I told you about two weeks ago. As it turns out, we are very, very, very lucky- the leader has an in-law with property right next to the parking lot where we're doing the Trunk-R-Treat- and who has kindly obliged to let us set the cardboard contraption(we're using about twelve refrigerator boxes and five wardrobe boxes) up there. I'm also helping with an eagle project today at nine(am- whew!) and my dad is probably also hoping to incorporate me into the big dig(the drainage system to stop the basement flooding again) today, though I don't think I'm going to do it this week for want of watching the Liverpool game that Aunt T has recorded.
-I've also been thinking about towels(great subject, huh?). Caroline is a nut on decision-making when it comes to towels, as is Miriam and my mom. They think a good towel shows your personality- Dad's, a GAP towel, sports his college days; Mom's towel, a fuzzy purple one, shows her indifference to money beside comfort(at least, this was the case three years ago); mine, varying from towel to towel(I just grab one out of the towel drawer), shows that I really don't care; Jared's is an NFL towel, obviosly stating the fact that he is a fanatic; Miriam's is a white princess towel, as is Caroline's(I really can't put my finger on what this means); etc., etc. Well, I guess that was a sort of dumb subject, but I had to get it out.
-And now te comic relief- Jacob. This week at the store, he had two quarters to spend. You know the Shel Silverstein poem- the casheir gave him three pennies back, and later, my mom overheard him later, saying that "I tricked that funny man at the store. hee, hee."
-This week in Hellth, we learned about phobias, such as hydrophobia- the fear of water- or octophobia- the fear of the figure eight. I just thought it was funny that someone can be afraid of that stuff. If you know any that are funnier than that, please tell me.
-And I'd just like to say thanks to Grandpa & Grandma for 'Kon-Tiki'- it's really helped in terms of reading goals and my English teacher's good list.
-Also, on the link title for Jared's blog: Jared has eight blogs, seven of which he has no password for. End of story.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm not quite sure what the benefits are of learning about phobias, but hey - I'm not a health teacher. Of note, I have never met anybody with either of those phobias, though I think hydrophobia can be a harbinger of rabies, so you may want to avoid that one if you can. Hopefully your "Big Dig" doesn't become as protracted as the Boston version, though given the history of the problem, I guess there are no guarantees.
I used to ponder the universe while on my route too. And I did a lot of pondering in college while walking to and from class (it was a very, very long walk.) I LOVED to walk. But I don't walk much anymore and even when I do I find it hard to start pondering. Too many worries. Enjoy the universe while it still opens for you.
I hate it whan I lose passwords for things. I wonder what happens to all those empty blogs?
I am definitely glad Grandpas and Grandmas are good for something. Great blog.
Post a Comment