Friday, November 16, 2007

The Uncle Nigel Trip: BOOM, BOOM, BOOM

-Sorry about that small(large) lapse in blogging- I've been working overtime for my mom, who has turned out to be an evil employer, hungry for poor boys that need money, in disguise. I've been having a great time during thanksgiving weekend, especially since we won the rose bowl. I also think we were all pretty happy when we found that the Campbells would be coming and that we would not, after all, have only 18 people attending the Thanksgiving feast at grandma's. We(Campbell kids, Mumford kids, & Dixon kids) are also proud to say that we unlocked 2 party games while waiting for the Apple Cup.

-I'm on what is known now as 'the big trip', and am having a good time so far. As it turns out, Delta has a program for unaccompanied minors that has people to escort you(rather forcibly) to the next gate. My mom thought that the personnel would be a bit too overloaded/stressed and might forget all about escorting somebody. They went against all doubts, however, and were there waiting for me, smiling their special tight-lipped airline attendant smiles and ready to go. It seemed like they weren't doing much of anything and the reason that they were stressed was nothing in particular, but since I'm just an ignorant layman, I'm sure I missed something. The Bowmans seem to be doing well over here in Rochester, and I'm having a good time, too. It looks like I'll be traveling more these three months than my mom has for quite some time. Well, I'm glad I've been able to blog right now, so hi from Rochester & I'll end with a jaunty tip of the hat. Toodledoo!

8 comments:

All10Dixons said...

Until you were at my mercy while preparing for this trip, I didn't realize what great fun having an indentured servant would be!! I'm going through withdrawal.

Sorry about the over-attentive Delta people. If you think they were intense with you on the way over, just wait until they have to keep you pacing around the M/SP airport for 3 hours!

We miss you. Jacob asked "Will Seth at least be home for Christmas?"

Unknown said...

Way to go Seth!! We have a load of jobs lined up for you...hurry home.

twoplustwins said...

Seth,
I am so glad you got to go with Nigel. You guys are having so much fun and it is great to know that Nigel is not alone with all the traveling! I hope you guys enjoy your lobster and don't freeze!
Kim

Jules said...

It sounds like you're having fun. When you get back, I have a few jobs for you. I'm assuming you'll be back to needing money...

Grandma's Musings said...

If you don't grow any more, you'll have a suit for life. It may go in and out of style, but its other sterling qualities will doubtless make that littie difficulty insignificant. I love your blog, and can now comment since Gpa fixed my identity problem.

gillian said...

Well, Seth, it looks like you have plenty of comments now! I hope that you end up liking your lobster, and we'll see you tomorrow!

Kersten said...

Seth,
I am so jealous of you! I want to see New York! I keep entering Trips to New York sweepstakes in vain hopes...

Kersten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.