-I just realized that I need to keep moving on the old blogosphere, because my English teacher told me that this blog could count as the big end-of-year project we'll all have to do. I don't really have any ingenious insights or performed any strange and complex surgeries- but then again, I can always talk about sports, as ESPN seems to have realized long ago. Anyway, here goes:
-It's a boy! My Mom was hoping to have me here to babysit for when the baby came, but I now know that it would either have been when I was gone skiing or during the Dawg game, so I'm glad it was when it was. There were many forces at work on the naming front, all working for their own cause( I personally favored the name Stu), so my dad decided to name him something no one was rooting for at the time, specifically the name Paul Perry Dixon.
-Uncle Tom and Gpa took us all skiing at Bluewood(Thank-you's to everyone who made that happen, by the way!) last Thursday, and I went from the beginner's slope to a black diamond(an easy one, that is). I also found out that I really love skiing, and that I will be devoted to this sport for at least 20 years more(after that, who knows what will happen?).
-The snow is gone at last! This is the first time in the last four months that I haven't been able to see snow from our front window. We put up a break-away rim on the neighbor's backboard, and now we can't blame any of our bad shots on a broken rim(the last one was broken in two places, and hung limply from the backboard). I did feel a sense of foreboding, though, when I saw the first hornet of the year crawling around.
-I think that'll be all for now, since I can hear my homework calling from my binder. Thanks for reading- It really helps to be able to dump all my thoughts on you guys once in a while!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad to see you blogging again. We are excited to meet Paul in a couple of weeks when we visit.
I didn't learn to ski until high school and loved it as well. In fact I took a ski class at WSU and loved skiing Blue Wood mountain every Friday afternoon. So after the next 20 year I recommend skate skiing. Though not as intense a sport still very fun!
~Kim
Sounds like the blogging might be profitable for your school life. Skiing will be great until you have kids and are in college. Then it'll pick back up later.
It seems to me that a break away rim would cause MORE problems and not LESS. Am I just clueless?
Great post! I thought your comment about ESPN was very clever!
I thought you went skiing then to spice up Paul's otherwise boring birth story!
Uncle Stu observed long ago that the extranious sports knowledge that seeped in was very useful in small talk situations: you can talk about nothing forever!
in the beginning of the 3d paragraph,
wouldn't it be Uncle Tom, MINISTER OF
MIRTH?
Post a Comment