-Well, I guess you could say this is a very up-and-down season for the Cougars, and I'm sorry I couldn't come to the Big Game- though this was, of course, due to all the LHWB(Long Hours of Work in the Backyard)- to supply a flash funding for what has become known here in the Dixon household as the Uncle Nigie Trip- and also due to the Trunk-R-Treat cardboard maze(more on that later). I also regret that I won't be there to watch the Cougs play the Dawgs in the Rose Bowl- though I will be doing the third best thing, which is listening to it on the radio.
- Just a random thought from the Seth department: Isn't it strange how all the bad stuff that happens to the Deacons while passing the sacrament that everybody seems bound to notice just slips right over your head when you're 1-11 years old? I think it is, anyway.
-Back on subject now. This All Hallows Eve(don't you love to say that?), the Deacon's Quorum carried out on something- a very rare thing, since most things on the calender actually happen a month later(I'm the secretary, I should know)- and made a 30 square foot cardboard maze complete with dead ends, flashing lights, strange gooshy things scattered around the maze, a Dummies' Grave(a passage that goes in a circle), little doors on the top to reach in & grab the people coming through, and places for us to hide & scare little kids(we did this in just 2 hours- we had a pretty good turnout on that). I called it Game 1 because it really does seem to be made up of rounds, made up of costume parties & the like, and a knockout round(Halloween) after which the parents snap and take away the costumes & loot until next year, when they are feeling better and the memories have faded. Then, the whole thing starts all over again.
-Thanks for reading, & I should have some good stories next time- As Uncle Nigel says(and maybe others, though I have no experience of this), stay tuned.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nice blog, Seth. Nigel + Seth + Rental car + east coast = I'm not really sure what. Hopefully, you have budgeted for some Tato Skins.
Awesome maze! I wish I had seen it!
I always enjoy your insightful comments about your parents' actions - the Halloween thing is spot on, as always. We always wake up the morning after Halloween feeling a sudden need to confiscate candy and put away the costumes.
Hey, we didn't snap soon enough this Halloween! Too much partying allowed! We expect lots of blogable stories from your trip!
I wish you were a deacon in our ward. One month late is nothing! The maze sounds very cool.
Post a Comment